Adopting Saves Lives
With each adoption from Texas Humane Heroes, you save two lives. When your pet goes home with you, it frees up a kennel for another animal from an overcrowded shelter.
Every pet we rescue costs $200 and adoption fees only offset some of our animal care expenses. To continue saving lives, we rely on donations from our community. Please consider making a donation to Texas Humane Heroes. Our budget is the only thing limiting the number of pets we can save. Your love and generosity will fix that problem.
- Adult Dogs – $120 (7 months & older)
- Puppies – $175
- Adult Cats – $50 (7 months & older)
- Kittens – $75
Leander Adoption Center
Leander Adoptable Dogs and Puppies
Leander Adoptable Cats and Kittens
Killeen Adoption Center
Killeen Adoptable Dogs and Puppies
Your adopted cat, dog, puppy, or kitten will come with:
- Spaying or Neutering
- Initial Vaccinations and/or Rabies
- Vaccination Voucher
- Heartworm Screening for Dogs
- Leukemia Test for Cats
- 30 days of Free Pet Health Insurance from 24PetWatch
Hero Town brings adoptable dogs and cats to locations in the community!
Find Hero Town at the 1890 Ranch PetSmart every Friday through Sunday, and the Balcones PetSmart every Saturday. Adoptable cats are housed daily at both stores: PetSmart 1890 Ranch (1335 E. Whitestone Blvd) and Balcones (11150 Research Blvd #100).
Rules for Adoption:
- A lifetime commitment must be made to the animal, and the animal must be kept as a family pet.
- Must be18 years of age or older and have proper identification.
- Must be able to prove that property management permits pets if renting or prove home ownership.
- All animals will be altered (spayed or neutered) prior to adoption.
We won’t knowingly adopt to a person who:
- Has a documented history of animal abuse or neglect.
- Will use the animal for experimentation, cult rites, blood sports, or food purposes.
- Will allow a declawed cat to roam freely outside.
- Will confine a dog by a chain for extended periods of time.
- Has repeatedly violated animal control laws.