We’re hiring! We are always looking for passionate and driven individuals who are looking to join our mission in ending pet homelessness. Our current open positions are:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do work that really matters, where your personal drive and passion result in better lives for countless dogs and cats, then Texas Humane Heroes wants to hear from you! In this role, you’ll safely work with dogs and cats and pull animals into our Hero Adoption Program from overcrowded municipal shelters. Communication is key with our partners as well as customers, adopters, donors, volunteers and team members.
This position is physical and requires light to medium lifting, so if you want to knock out your workout on the job, this may be the position for you. You’ll need to be able to work on the weekends when we have the most guests visiting our adoption center and animals coming into our program. Resumes with animal medical experience will be moved to the top of the list!
- Prepare kennel space for new arrivals
- Ability to evaluate animal behavior and medical issues
- Administer preventative medications, vaccinations and heartworm tests as needed
- Enter animal information in data management system (PetPoint)
- Assist the Intake Ambassador on municipal shelter visits to pull animals
- Ensure animals are warm, clean, watered, and fed
- Coordinate with the Adoption Center Manager to have ready to go animals moved to adoption floor
- Coordinate with Animal Wellness Manager for any illnesses or injuries
- Train/enrichment activities for VIP dogs
- Make observations of all the animals in your care and document
- Shadow and train with Animal Wellness Manager
- Welcome, assist and engage each customer at Texas Humane Heroes
- Respond to customer inquiries (phone and in-person) and emails regarding returns, intake, fosters in a timely and professional manner
If you’re interested in the full-time Animal Wellness Coordinator role, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do work that really matters, where your personal drive and passion result in better lives for countless dogs and cats, then Texas Humane Heroes wants to hear from you! In this role, you’ll safely work with dogs and cats, keep them fresh and clean, and exhibit a positive and energetic attitude while sharing Texas Humane Heroes mission, vision and goals with the community.
This position is physical and requires light to medium lifting, so if you want to knock out your workout on the job, this may be the position for you. You’ll need to be able to work on the weekends when the most people visit our adoption center to adopt! On those busy days, the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts is imperative to making the biggest impact.
- Care, Feeding, & Wellness of Animals: Work with dogs and cats in a positive and safe manner.
- Cleaning and organizing Paw Pad, Canine Corral, Kitty Kondos, Kitty Korner and Intake following cleaning and disease prevention procedures. Taking pride in how the adoption center looks, feels and smells. Going above and beyond for the animals, customers and organization.
- Having the adoption areas cleaned and organized by opening
- Noticing sick or injured animals and immediately reporting it for review
- Observe and understand basic dog and cat body language
- Enter/Exit kennels safely and attend Dog Handling Class
- Knowledge and utilization of policies to keep the animals safe in different weather conditions
- Maintain solid coordination and communications with team
- Learn adoption counseling process
If you’re interested in the part-time Animal Care Specialist position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Mission
We are always looking for talented people to join our team, so please feel free to submit your resume for future employment opportunities.
Texas Humane Heroes 10930 E. Crystal Falls Parkway Leander, TX 78641 Office: 512 260-3602 Email: email@example.com