We’re hiring! We are always looking for passionate and driven individuals who are looking to join our mission in ending pet homelessness. Our current open positions are:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do work that really matters, where your personal drive and passion result in better lives for countless dogs and cats, then Texas Humane Heroes wants to hear from you! In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to mold and shape our donor relations and development programs as well as represent the organization in the community. Strong written and oral communication skills as well as 1-2 years of development or fundraising experience will move your resume to the top.
Texas Humane Heroes has an employee-focused work culture with an open, collaborative environment that encourages creative approaches to company needs as well as implementation of innovative and creative ideas. You’ll need to be able to work some weekends when we have the opportunity to represent Texas Humane Heroes in the community! We work hard to accomplish our mission of eliminating pet homelessness, but we’re also family-oriented and encourage a good work-life balance.
The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping community members fulfill their passions and interests through their financial giving, support, and advocacy of Texas Humane Heroes. This role will also make an enormous impact on our organization and animals by raising funds to support the mission.
- Facilitate, develop, steward, and grow donor relationships. Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and major gift prospects, using moves management or related concepts and tools.
- Qualify a group of caseload major gift donors and create individual goals for each person based on that giving history and organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential. Create a plan for each major gift donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person on the caseload. Faithfully and on a timely basis execute that plan so individuals on the caseload are retained and upgraded.
- Lead two major fundraising events that support Texas Humane Heroes.
- Serve as liaison for community awareness events and for group volunteers and donors from local employers, organizations, and/or schools.
- Provide reports to the Executive Director that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Maintain an effective working relationship and serve as liaison with Board of Directors via the Executive Director to conduct major gift initiatives.
- Manage, administer, and maintain accurate records and notes within the donor database.
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process and ensure timely acknowledgement and recognition for donors.
- Maintain open communication with team and have ability to delegate tasks as needed
- Participate in the development and implementation of a growth strategy for the future
- Represent Texas Humane Heroes in a knowledgeable and professional manner with local media.
If you’re interested in the Development Manager position and can successfully work independently in an autonomous role, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do work that really matters, where your personal drive and passion result in better lives for countless dogs and cats, then Texas Humane Heroes wants to hear from you! In this role, you’ll safely work with dogs and cats and pull animals into our Hero Adoption Program from overcrowded municipal shelters. Communication is key with our partners as well as customers, adopters, donors, volunteers and team members.
This position is physical and requires light to medium lifting, so if you want to knock out your workout on the job, this may be the position for you. You’ll need to be able to work on the weekends when we have the most guests visiting our adoption center and animals coming into our program. Resumes with animal medical experience will be moved to the top of the list!
- Prepare kennel space for new arrivals
- Ability to evaluate animal behavior and medical issues
- Administer preventative medications, vaccinations and heartworm tests as needed
- Enter animal information in data management system (PetPoint)
- Assist the Intake Ambassador on municipal shelter visits to pull animals
- Ensure animals are warm, clean, watered, and fed
- Coordinate with the Adoption Center Manager to have ready to go animals moved to adoption floor
- Coordinate with Animal Wellness Manager for any illnesses or injuries
- Train/enrichment activities for VIP dogs
- Make observations of all the animals in your care and document
- Shadow and train with Animal Wellness Manager
- Welcome, assist and engage each customer at Texas Humane Heroes
- Respond to customer inquiries (phone and in-person) and emails regarding returns, intake, fosters in a timely and professional manner
If you’re interested in the Animal Wellness Coordinator position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to do work that really matters, where your personal drive and passion result in better lives for countless dogs and cats, then Texas Humane Heroes wants to hear from you! In this role, you’ll safely work with dogs and cats, keep them fresh and clean, and exhibit a positive and energetic attitude while sharing Texas Humane Heroes mission, vision and goals with the community.
This position is physical and requires light to medium lifting, so if you want to knock out your workout on the job, this may be the position for you. You’ll need to be able to work on the weekends when the most people visit our adoption center to adopt! On those busy days, the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts is imperative to making the biggest impact.
- Care, Feeding, & Wellness of Animals: Work with dogs and cats in a positive and safe manner.
- Cleaning and organizing Paw Pad, Canine Corral, Kitty Kondos, Kitty Korner and Intake following cleaning and disease prevention procedures. Taking pride in how the adoption center looks, feels and smells. Going above and beyond for the animals, customers and organization.
- Having the adoption areas cleaned and organized by opening
- Noticing sick or injured animals and immediately reporting it for review
- Observe and understand basic dog and cat body language
- Enter/Exit kennels safely and attend Dog Handling Class
- Knowledge and utilization of policies to keep the animals safe in different weather conditions
- Maintain solid coordination and communications with team
- Learn adoption counseling process
If you’re interested in the part-time Animal Care Specialist position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Mission
We are always looking for talented people to join our team, so please feel free to submit your resume for future employment opportunities.
Texas Humane Heroes 10930 E. Crystal Falls Parkway Leander, TX 78641 Office: 512 260-3602 Email: email@example.com