Fosters needed from December 23rd – December 26th.
Give the gift of your time and love this holiday season by fostering one of Texas Humane Heroes’ homeless dogs.
- You must be a minimum of 21 years of age to foster a Texas Humane Heroes animal.
- You must live within 30 miles of either the TXHH Leander or Killeen Adoption Centers.
- Complete a Holiday Foster Care Application form at the bottom of this page.
- If you have other dogs at home, a “Meet & Greet” is required between your current dog(s) and the Texas Humane Heroes foster dog prior to fostering. This “Meet & Greet” session must be held onsite at Texas Humane Heroes and facilitated by a Texas Humane Heroes staff member. “Meet & Greets” will be held Dec 23rd between 12pm – 5:30pm ONLY.
- The foster dog must be housed indoors at all times unless accompanied by foster parent on leash.
Picking up your Holiday Foster Dog:
- Pick up is available on Monday, Dec 23rd between 12pm – 6pm (Come by 5:30 if you plan on doing a “Meet & Greet” with your dog)
- Bring your dog(s) for “Meet & Greets” on Pick up day.
- Complete a Holiday Foster Tracking Form with Texas Humane Heroes staff and receive a copy to keep. This form outlines guidelines and provides emergency contact information, as Texas Humane Heroes offices will be closed on Dec 24th and 25th.
Returning your Holiday Foster Dog:
- Drop off is Thursday, Dec 26th between 8am – 12pm
If you have fallen in love with your holiday foster dog and cannot bear to part with him or her, you can come in and adopt on Thursday, Dec 26th during our drop off hours. You will complete an adoption application and get counseled with one of our adoption counselors.
Become a Home for the Holidays!
Complete the Application Below. Questions? Please feel free to contact our Foster Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.