Fosters needed from December 23rd – December 26th.
Give the gift of your time and love this holiday season by fostering one of Texas Humane Heroes’ homeless dogs.
- You must be a minimum of 21 years of age to foster a Texas Humane Heroes animal.
- You must live within 30 miles of either the TXHH Leander or Killeen Adoption Centers.
- Complete a Holiday Foster Care Application form at the bottom of this page.
- If you have other dogs at home, a “Meet & Greet” is required between your current dog(s) and the Texas Humane Heroes foster dog prior to fostering. This “Meet & Greet” session must be held onsite at Texas Humane Heroes and facilitated by a Texas Humane Heroes staff member. “Meet & Greets” will be held on Dec 23rd between 12pm – 5:30pm ONLY.
- The foster dog must be housed indoors at all times unless accompanied by a foster parent on leash.
- You must have a plan to separate the foster dog from your own pets or children if necessary.
Picking up your Holiday Foster Dog:
- Pick up is available on Monday, Dec 23rd between 12pm – 6pm (Come by 5:30 if you plan on doing a “Meet & Greet” with your dog)
- Bring your dog(s) for “Meet & Greets” on Pick up day.
- Complete a Holiday Foster Tracking Form with Texas Humane Heroes staff and receive a copy to keep. This form outlines guidelines and provides emergency contact information, as Texas Humane Heroes offices will be closed on Dec 24th and 25th.
- Bring your dog(s) for “Meet and Greets” on pick up day. (REQUIRED)
Returning your Holiday Foster Dog:
- Drop off is Thursday, Dec 26th between 8am – 10:45am if you are not adopting.
- If you have fallen in love with your holiday foster dog, and wish to adopt, come finalize the adoption Thursday, Dec 26th between 11am – 2pm.
Become a Home for the Holidays!
Complete the Application Below. Questions? Please feel free to contact our Foster Coordinator at email@example.com.
Fill out my online form.