Meet the Staff
Jeff Struchtemeyer | Chief Executive Officer
512-260-3602 ext. 111
Jeff spent 12 years working in the financial and banking sector as a registered broker before moving into the nonprofit arena. He has spent the last 18 years working for a variety of nonprofits such as Switchboard of Miami and the National Domestic Violence Hotline located in Austin.
- He moved to Austin in December, 2015
- Has one dog named Niobe
Dr. Lara Kemerling | Medical Director
Dr. K has been working with Texas Humane Heroes for over two years. As Medical Director, Dr. K will manage our vaccination clinics, perform heartworm treatments, treat sick animals, and perform other lifesaving surgeries for TXHH animals.
- From Dayton, Ohio
- Has 5 dogs, 3 cats, 4 goats, 5 chickens and a bunch of fish
- Enjoys gardening, hiking, traveling and baking
Dr. Angie Davison | Surgery Veterinarian
Dr. Davison joined Texas Humane Heroes in 2022 as our Surgery Veterinarian on the Medical Team. She will bring extensive surgery knowledge to our team and specializes in spay and neuter surgeries.
- From Michigan and graduated from Michigan State University (Go Green!)
- Was a national champion in archery in college
- Has two cats, two dogs, and two rabbits
Laura Acton Furiani | Chief Operating Officer
512-260-3602 ext. 106
In 2015, Laura left her career in restaurant operations to pursue her passion of working with animals. She started at Texas Humane Heroes in 2016 and is excited to grow with this organization.
- From Buena Park, California
- Loves to kayak and hike with her husband
- Has a three-legged dog named Braxton
Rebecca Tait | Director of Development
512-260-3602 ext. 114
Rebecca has over 20 years of experience in development. She has worked at several universities mostly recently at the University of Georgia’s College of Veterinary Medicine. She loves the mission of Humane Heroes.
- From Mobile, AL.
- Enjoys working out and watching her boys play sports with her husband.
- She has 2 cats named Joe and Jules that are siblings and a dog named Otto aka Boo Boos.
Brie Brehm | Director of Medical Services
512-260-3602 ext. 107
Brie joined Texas Humane Heroes in 2015 and has helped amplify our operations. Before that, she was in the field of Social Work as a therapist in a hospital in San Diego. Brie has worked in animal rescue and welfare for 23 years in various positions.
- From San Diego, California
- Enjoys traveling, hiking, and yoga.
- Has one bulldog puppy and 4 cats.
Caitlin Cravey | Intake Manager
512-260-3602 ext. 113
- From Abilene, Texas
- She runs an all ladies Dungeons and Dragons group
- Has three dogs, Jessie, Bitsy, and Amelia, a cat named Samwise, and eight snakes
Sam Rogers | Marketing Manager
512-260-3602 ext. 102
- From San Antonio, TX
- Loves spending time outdoors, watching movies, and traveling
- Has two dogs named Martha and Lily, and two cats named Frank Sinatra and Andy Bernard
Shelby Chesshir | Senior Adoption Center Manager
512-260-3602 ext. 101
- Grew up in Round Rock, Texas
- Loves going to concerts, paddle boarding, hiking, and hockey games.
- Proud owner of Arya the Doberman and Murphy the tabby cat
2020 Board of Directors
Mickey DiPietro, President
Mary Ward, Vice President
Rob Klepner, Treasurer
Amy Noack, Governance Officer