The Texas Humane Heroes 14-Day Promise gives adopters peace-of-mind to bring an animal back to TXHH for treatment if they show signs of illness within 14 days of adoption.
Please fill out the form below if your pet is showing symptoms and the vet tech will reach out to you in 24-hours. If you feel this is an emergency, please call ahead or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and bring your pet to TXHH Leander Adoption Center.
If your pet is showing any symptoms fill out the form below and vet techs will reach out.
Symptoms to look for
Symptoms to watch for (Non-emergencies):
- Loss of appetite in puppies or kittens
- Any lethargy
- Diarrhea (as an isolated symptom)
- Vomiting (as an isolated symptom)
- Coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge
- Worms in stool
Emergency Symptoms include:
- Continuous diarrhea, particularly if it is bloody
- Continuous vomiting or vomit that is primarily blood
- A combination of vomiting and diarrhea
- Active bleeding from the nose, mouth, or in the urine or stools
- Significant lethargy: listless, limp, non-responsive
If you see an emergency symptom during staff hours, please call ahead (512-260-3602) and bring your animal directly to the TXHH Leander Adoption Center.
Emergency Vet Resources
If your pet is showing severe symptoms please take them to an emergency vet. Please note that this will be at the adopter’s expense. We are not able to provide vet bill reimbursements for private veterinarian visits.
Emergency Vet Offices:
Central Texas Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Hospital
- Round Rock Location
301 Chisholm Trail
Round Rock, TX 78681
- South Location
4434 Frontier Trail
Austin, TX, 78745
Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty & 24-Hr Emergency Center
115 E Old Settlers Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78664