Cat Adoption Process
- Meet and fall in love with your future four-legged
family member at one of our adoption centers
or off-site locations.
- All household members must be in agreement on adopting a pet. We encourage all household members
to meet the pet prior to adoption.
- If all household members are in agreement, an application is filled out by the potential adopter.
- The application and counseling process take approximately 45 minutes and your new furry family member goes home with you right away!
- All cats must leave in a cat carrier, so bring one with
you or you can purchase one here for $10.
Cat Adoption Requirements
When you adopt a pet, Texas Humane Heroes requires that you:
- Keep cats inside at all times.
- Do not declaw the cat.
- Provide your pet with annual veterinarian visits.
- Provide recommended vaccinations by your veterinarian and as required by law.
- Provide your pet with veterinary care when sick or injured.
- Return the animal to Texas Humane Heroes if the pet does not work out-The pet may be returned anytime within 30 days from adoption. If after 30 days, an appointment must be made, and a $100 surrender fee is required.
- Cannot adopt the pet out as a gift.