Fosters needed from July 3rd - 6th
A new temporary foster program and event!
Foster a furry friend over the July 4th weekend and enjoy vendors (Dog on Fleek and Barkin' Paws Outfitters) , food trucks (Lulu's Pie Shopee) and agility demos by TAG Agility on pick-up day, July 3rd!
- You must be a minimum of 21 years of age to foster a Texas Humane Heroes dog.
- You must live within 30 miles of either the TXHH Leander or Killeen Adoption Centers.
- Complete a Foster Fun Fest Application form at the bottom of this page.
- If you have other dogs at home, a "Meet & Greet" is required between your current dog(s) and the Texas Humane Heroes foster dog prior to fostering. This "Meet & Greet" session must be held onsite at Texas Humane Heroes and facilitated by a Texas Humane Heroes staff member. "Meet & Greets" will be held on July 3rd between 12pm - 4:30pm ONLY.
- The foster dog must be housed indoors at all times unless accompanied by a foster parent on leash.
- You must have a plan to separate the foster dog from your own pets or children if necessary.
Picking up your foster Dog:
- Pick up is available on Saturday, July 3rd between 11:30am - 3pm (Meet and greets to be done by 4:30 with your dog)
- Complete a Foster Tracking Form with Texas Humane Heroes staff and receive a copy to keep. This form outlines guidelines and provides emergency contact information, as Texas Humane Heroes offices will be closed on Sunday, July 4th.
- Bring your dog(s) for "Meet and Greets" on pick up day. (REQUIRED)
Returning your foster Dog:
- Drop off is Tuesday, July 6th during pre-selected time slot if you are not adopting.
- If you have fallen in love with your foster dog, and wish to adopt, please let our foster coordinator know at firstname.lastname@example.org